Life in Lockdown




It's a strange time when my life can be boiled down to three images. School, television, and sleep. Just a short seven months ago (and hopefully once again in June) I was living and exploring a seemingly boundless area of Wyoming, surrounded by a stunning mountainous landscape, confined to nothing other than the greatest distance my feet could take me. Yet, today I am boxed into an area of a couple thousand feet, and even when I do step outside, there is hardly another soul in sight. Just days ago I found myself on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico, enjoying time with friends and coworkers alike. Yet today I find myself home in the midwest, some days not even reaching 40 degrees. Heraclitus' reminder that change is the only constant may never be truer. While impossible to know what the future holds, I remain patiently waiting for my freedom to return. Wisconsin remains on lockdown for at least the next month, so there is little doubt I will be itching for an escape well before that. But for now, the bulk of my day-to-day life can be described in three images. School, television, sleep, repeat.


Comments

  1. Your photographs are really great! It's so interesting to have such a vivid, colorful series of photographs that are representing such a grim timeframe within history. I think that, for most people, these photographs are very relatable too.... This is such a unique time in history because, maybe for once, everyone in the country is going through the exact same problems: boredom, laziness, loneliness etc. I like your inclusion of the notion that, "change is the only constant". I'm not sure if I ever heard that, but that is definitely true and very applicable to today especially. The country is going through so much change, nothing will ever be the same after this. For each individual too, life will never be the same because of COVID-19. On one hand, that's very saddening, but on the other hand, COVID-19 has provided everyone with the realization that most of the things in life are temporary or not guaranteed, and so we should not take these things for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self Portraits

Final Project - How Technology Takes Away From Our Lives